Frequently Asked Questions
We accept all beverage containers included in the State of California beverage container recycling program and managed by CalRecycle.
Specifically, we accept the following container types, purchased in California, and labeled with the California Redemption Value message:
- Aluminum cans
- Glass bottles
- #1 PET plastic bottles
- #2 HDPE plastic bottles
- #3 PVC bottles
- #4 LDPE plastic bottles
- #5 PP plastic bottles
- #6 PS plastic bottles
- #7 Other plastic bottles
All containers must be clean, dry and free of dirt.
We cannot accept the following types of containers because they are not included in the beverage container recycling program:
- Any milk containers
- 100% fruit juice containers that are 46 ounces or larger
- Wine or distilled spirits containers with alcohol content greater than 7%
Click here to find out everything you need to know about recycling all types of materials. You can also call the United States Environmental Hotline at 1-800-CLEANUP or 1-877-EARTH911 to find out more.
Recycling with us is easy. Simply choose how you want your bottles and cans to be collected:
- By weight: once you’ve separated your items by container type, a rePlanet staff member can weigh each container type in bulk.
- By count: if you have less than 50 containers of each type, a rePlanet staff member can count your containers by type.
- By RVM (reverse vending machine): for any amount of recycling items, you can count your own containers using our automated reverse vending machines.
Click here to see a complete explanation.
At rePlanet, we work hard to make sure that every bottle counts. We pride ourselves on delivering the most accurate refund to every customer.
- By count: Our automated reverse vending machines (RVMs) will count every container you have to ensure you get the exact value for your recycling transaction.
- By weight: We weigh your containers using State Certified scales, which are tested multiple times per day and pay you the State mandated rate per pound by container type.
If you are not satisfied with the value calculated for your recycling load, you have the right to take the material back. If you choose to complete the transaction, you may still contact our customer service team for additional support support by clicking here or by calling us at (877) rePlanet (877-737-5263).
Click here to find complete information about the CRV program.
Click here to find the location, hours of operation, materials accepted and specific services offered at our recycling centers.
If you’re recycling by weight: YES. Save time by separating your load by container type ahead of time and be sure to separate non-CRV containers.
If you’re using the RVM: NO. Our RVMs will sort your containers automatically.
Hours of operation and specific services offered vary by location. Click here to find a convenient rePlanet location near you.
YES. Moisture and dirt add unnecessary weight to your transaction and increase the cost of processing. We will apply deductions to loads containing dirt and/or moisture. If we determine that your load is excessively contaminated, we may refuse the transaction.
If your transaction is refused, you are welcome to clean your containers and bring them back at a future time.
For security purposes, our grocer partners who participate in cashing your voucher require an expiration date on the voucher. If you have an expired voucher, please contact our customer service team by clicking here or by calling us at 877-rePlanet (877-737-5263) for additional information on how to redeem the voucher.
Please mail the original, expired voucher to our office at the following address:
2233 E. Philadelphia St.
Ontario, Ca. 91761
Attn: Customer Service
Make sure to include your name, telephone number, and return address along with the expire voucher. Once the voucher is validated, we will reissue a new voucher and mail it back to you. Expect to have your new voucher within 2 weeks of receipt.
NO. In order to use an automated reverse vending machine (RVM), you must keep your containers whole so the machine can recognize the container type. If you plan to weigh your containers, you may bring them in whole or flattened.
We can redeem the voucher for you at our headquarters. (We cannot redeem or reissue vouchers at any of our other recycling or service centers.) In order to redeem directly with our headquarters, please mail the original voucher to our office at the following address:
2233 E Philadelphia St, Ontario, CA 91761
Attn: Customer Service
Make sure to include your name, telephone number, and return address along with your voucher. Once the voucher is validated, we will issue you a check and mail it to you. Expect to have your check within 2 weeks of receipt.
NO. You do not need to remove caps from containers.
It typically takes 2 weeks for us to process and reissue a voucher to you.
Click here to find a convenient rePlanet location. Each location result will specify locations, which are Staff Assisted, automated with reverse vending machines (RVMs), or offer both types of service.
- By weight: We are limited by the State of California to weighing transactions up to 100 pounds of Aluminum Cans or PET Plastic Bottles, and up to 1,000 pounds of Glass Bottles per customer per day.
- By count: You have a right to be paid per container by count when bringing in 50 containers or less of each material type (aluminum, plastic, glass and bimetal) in a single transaction. We may, at our discretion, allow you to redeem more than 50 containers per material by count, but cannot guarantee that we will be able to do so.
Click here to find rePlanet open positions near you.